The following job vacancies are currently available:
FULL TIME GREENKEEPER – SANCTUARY COVE GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB
Sanctuary Cove is acclaimed worldwide as an international resort of excellence. Since opening in 1987, Australia’s first fully integrated resort has offered magnificent community facilities and a superb lifestyle conveniently located for travel from Surfers Paradise and Brisbane.
An exciting career opportunity exists for a full time qualified Greenkeeper to join our Golf Course Maintenance team at Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club. As a member of the Golf Course Maintenance team you will be assisting in the preparation of both The Pines and The Palms golf courses.
The successful applicant will be a confident, motivated individual, able to perform well autonomously and in a team. In return you will receive above award remuneration, lunch, uniforms and all safety equipment including boots.
The following criteria is essential:
- Trade qualifications with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience
- Ability to work in a large team
- Report directly to the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and an uncompromising attitude towards quality of workmanship
- Possess strong communication skills
- Availability to work as part of a seven-day rotating roster
- Current, valid driver’s license
Please email your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward in the strictest confidence to
Golf Course Superintendent
Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club
PO Box 805
Sanctuary Cove QLD 4212
Responses will only be sent to short-listed candidates. Candidates must address the criteria listed above.
RACECOURSE TURF SPECIALIST – posted 30 July 2019
Clifford Park is home of the Toowoomba Turf Club (TTC) and one of the most popular thoroughbred race tracks in Queensland, hosting over 45 meetings per year, including the famous annual Weetwood Event on our brand-new grass surface!
The TTC is currently looking for a Turf Specialist to join our team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Racecourse Manager the Turf Specialist will play an integral role in developing the appropriate management and maintenance plans to ensure successful conduct of the TTC racing and training operations. As our turf specialist, we want you to be fanatical about our turf!
• Management of course irrigation
• Implement and deliver renovation plans
• Confident with pest and disease management
• Regular machinery maintenance
• Ordering and safe use of chemicals, sand and fuels etc
• Pre-Race Course preparation
• Post-Race Course maintenance
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Minimum Certificate III in Sports & Turf management or similar related discipline
• Experience operating and maintenance of broad acreage machinery and turf equipment
• Chemical qualification and spraying experience
• 2 years+ experience in a senior level sports turf related role
• Passion for outstanding track presentation
• Strong understanding of sports turf maintenance and field terminology
• Be able to develop rapport with trainers, stakeholders & colleagues
• Attention to detail
• Drivers Licence
Salary will be developed based on the successful applicant’s level of experience and expertise.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a turf lover and enthusiast! Excellent management and mentorship through our track manager, Dave. Fast-track career progression. A can-do team across the entire venue to support you and have a laugh!
For a confidential chat, please contact Dave Morrison, Racecourse Manager on 0412 047 261